The Insolvency Service have released a report on 2016 statistics. It states:
- The total insolvency rate increased for the first time since 2009, and increased in all regions of England and Wales between 2015 and 2016.
- The North East continued to have the highest insolvency rates, while London had the lowest.
- Nine out of ten local authorities with the lowest insolvency rates were in London or the South East, whilst seven out of the ten areas with the highest rates were located in coastal areas.
- The insolvency rate for females was higher than the male rate for the third successive year, and the gap has continued to widen.
- Insolvency rates were highest in the 35-44 age group for both males and females.
- Insolvency rates increased for all age groups except 55 and over, with those aged between 18-44 showing the biggest rises
The complete report can be accessed here.